Achieve with us®
We invite you to become an affiliated chapter of The Arc of the United States and The Arc of Louisiana so you can take advantage of the benefits of working with a statewide and national organization. With our affiliated Chapters, The Arc is the largest community-based organization for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) leading statewide and national movements that advocate for and support families and individuals with I/DD across their lifetimes and across all diagnoses.
With a strong state and national presence, The Arc is here to support you in what you do best – meeting the unique needs of people with I/DD and their families.
What Affiliation Offers
We invite you to explore the opportunities available only by becoming an affiliated chapter of The Arc.
- A Strong National and Statewide Identity: Use of The Arc’s recently redesigned trademarked name and logo which unites us under a dynamic banner of achievement. This identity is known and respected by academics, professionals and others involved in the I/DD community across Louisiana and the U.S.
- A Seat at the Table: Take a seat at the table to influence the direction of public policy benefitting the people you serve. The Arc works on a national and state level to advance public policy to protect and enhance vital programs and services for people with I/DD. Two-way communication between The Arc of Louisiana and our Chapters gives you firsthand information on hot issues and allows us to help you with local grassroots advocacy efforts.
- Representation on Capitol Hill and State Capitol: The Arc of the United States and The Arc of Louisiana work to advance federal and state public policy in the interest of protecting and enhancing the vital programs and services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
- Organizational Support: Excel with resources to help with nonprofit governance and management, marketing assistance and guidance in best practices. The Arc also provides the structure for a strong network of organizations like yours to keep each other informed and in touch with solutions to our most critical issues.
- Resources at Your Fingertips: Access a password-protected section of www.thearc.org for materials to help your chapter succeed, including Standards for Excellence© materials, educational webinars, marketing, development and public relations support and other resources to take your organization to the next level.
- The Inside Track on Grants: Benefit from grants pursued by The Arc on a national level such as the $3 million Walmart Foundation-funded School-to-Community Transition Initiative or the $1.87 million Administration on Developmental Disabilities (ADD) grant which created our Autism NOW national information and resource center (www.autismnow.org).
- National Conference of Executives (NCE): Join a strong network of experienced, top executives of The Arc offering personal and professional support and development. Find out more atwww.ncearc.org.
- Louisiana Conference of Executives (LCE): The LCE provides opportunities for personal and professional support, and development of executives of The Arc and other interested professionals. Information can be found at www.thearcla.org. Access to a password-protected portion of www.thearcla.org to keep up with monthly meeting minutes and agendas.
- Collaborative Fundraising: Take advantage of statewide and national platforms for raising funds such as our online vehicle donation program or our new collaborative fundraising project, with the goal of bringing much needed revenue to local chapters.
- Savings: Access the benefits offered by partners of The Arc such as Mutual of America (retirement plans) which can save your organization thousands in operating costs.
- Group Purchasing Program: Join a network of chapters that save on goods and services from over 43 popular vendors, such as Staples, Enterprise, Rent-A-Car, FedEX, Xerox, etc. Discounts include office supplies, furniture, postage, mailings and insurance (Directors’ and Officers’ liability insurance).
- Top-Notch Training: Benefit from monthly webinars/ meetings, annual conventions, and other meetings and seminars. Training opportunities at the state and national level are available to affiliated chapters, including discounts on key offerings.